Why Choose Dr. Isaac Perle?
- 35+ Years Clinical Experience
- Chosen NJ TOP DENTIST 2017
- PREMIER ELITE INVISALIGN PROVIDER
* TOP 2% of US Invisalign Dentists
* 1000+ Invisalign Cases Completed
- Former Clinical Instructor at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine & Forsythe Dental Center
- Graduate of the Prestigious University of Pennsylvania
- Will Get On The Phone and Speak to You Directly Without an Appointment
What are Dental Crowns?
Reasons for Crown Placement
- Reinforce a tooth which is cracked or broken
- Repair a tooth which has an old large filling
- Cover a tooth which is severely decayed
- Reinforce a tooth that has had a root canal
- Encase a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile.
Types of crowns include the full porcelain crown (ideal for use on the front teeth), the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown and the all-metal crown (ideal for use on the back teeth).
The Dental Crown Procedure
- 1Before placing the crown on the tooth, the tooth will be shaped to make room for it.
- 2Then an impression of the tooth and the surrounding teeth is taken.
- 3A temporary acrylic crown is placed on the tooth.
- 4When the permanent crown is ready (1-2 weeks normally), the temporary crowns are replaced.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!